Thursday, May 26, 2016

A few days later... May 24th (a follow up)

        I have now have been home for a few days, and my bags are unpacked, clothes are washed, chocolate and gummy bears are eaten, but the memories are going to last a lifetime. I can't even put into words how amazing this experience has been for me. I want to thank Hillary, Dr. Feick, my parents, The University of Pittsburgh, The University of Augsburg and lastly to all my friends I have made the past 2 weeks for giving me this amazing experience. Without any of you this trip wouldn't have been possibly and I am truly grateful. It is a little weird coming back to the US after being in Europe, but it just has made the culture difference more visible to me. From being home I would say a major part of the Germans lifestyle that isn't seen much here is how much people ride bikes. Since their land is really flat it makes riding bikes a lot easier, but I was shocked to see that they literally rode their bikes all over place. Also I realized that the European lifestyle of dressing is a lot different then here in America. The German students were always very well dressed. With that it was a little weird to see, how at some jobs it was acceptable to wear jeans. After being home and having time to ponder about my trip it really makes me want to student abroad again in the future. I hope to travel back to Europe, in-particularly Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment