Sunday, May 22, 2016

Day 5- Thursday, May 12th

Throughout the day the rain went in and out, but after an extremely long day I think Nuremberg is my favorite city so far. We started off the day getting up really early, but it was okay since the bus ride gave me a lot of time to nap. We took a long ride to Lear, which is a seat and electronic company. My first impression about this company with Lear was there hospitality, we were treated very well by all the workers. First we sat for a lecture, where an abundance of drinks were provided to us. After that we had some time to have lunch which consisted of sandwiches and soup. Then we went on to take the factory tour, which was my favorite part. Something that was very different from the rest of the companies was that we had to wear a lab coat, and these covers on our shoes, in order to make sure there is no static that could ruin their equipment. On our tour the first stop for my group, was this room that was completely sound proof and in the room there were huge speakers. We got to listen to some music which was insane because it was the clearest sounding music I have ever heard. Then they have a Mercedes that they purchased and put their own speakers in and we got to sit inside and test out the radio, and it was unreal. The quality was so fine. If I had those speakers in my car, I would most likely have moved to live in my car by now!
After our visit concluded, we then took the bus to Nuremberg which is north of Augsburg and about an hour bus ride from Lear. The bus ride to Nuremberg was a little scary we went through some tight road in such a big bus, but it was totally worth it. I thought Nuremberg was picture perfect, from the rivers that ran through it to the perfect wooden houses. It was a little gloomy out and the city was pretty quite but it was still beautiful. We took a tour there of the whole city where was passed by the center which was filled with markets. We were able to try their famous gingerbread (I don’t usually like gingerbread) but this was completely revolutionary and I loved it.
After the tour we went to the restaurant, Burgwächter and tried a variety of Nuremberg’s sausages, since they are known for their sausages. This restaurant was right by the Nuremberg castle and the whole atmosphere was really extraordinary.  After dinner, we were able to see a really good view of the whole city from just above our restaurant. We then headed back to our bus for a long ride home. I loved Nuremberg, and hope to go back one day, I wish we had more time to spend there!

Finally, after getting back late, some the German students took us all out to hang out. What a great day!










No comments:

Post a Comment