Monday, May 23, 2016

Day 14- Saturday, May 21st

         Today was a very long day of traveling back home. First we had to meet in the hotel at 7:45 am to take the bus to the airport. When arriving at the airport I was a little nervous because I never had to go through customs before. Also I was scared about my suitcase being to heavy, it turned out it was 4 kgs underweight. We checked our luggage, and were asked some questions about the luggage before doing so. Then we had to wait on the line at passport control which was very crowded and took a long time. We finally hit security and everyone made it through. This is when we all began to split up since there were various flights for each persons destination. Luckily for me I was able to fly right to Newark without any layovers. I had about an hour and half before my flight left. Finally, after getting on the plane, and sitting down it really hit me that I was leaving. I got kind of sad as I was no longer around the friends I was constantly around for 12 days straight. After a long 8-and-a-half-hour flight filled with many naps and movies, I finally arrived in Newark. In Newark I had to go through customs twice, passport control and get my luggage but surprisingly it didn’t take long at all (maximum 15 minutes). I finally met my parents in the airport, and then hit a lot of traffic on the way home. As I finally got home, it was nice to see all of my friends at my house who made me a nice sign on my front porch. Between a long day of traveling and the time difference, I knocked right out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment